Carstensz Pyramid (4884 m) is the highest peak of the island of New Guinea, which, according to many, belongs to mainland Australia. The western part of the island is a part of Indonesia, and is the official name of Irian Jaya classical pathway is probably technically the most difficult climb of all the "7 Summits". However, the special problems climbers it does not deliver. Warm equatorial climate similar to the Crimea. Are similar in nature and rocks, such as limestone reef. And rock the northern slope of a monolithic and pleasant climbing than the south. The main difficulty - to get to the mountains.
Timika - Illaga - Lakes Valley - Yellow Valley - Carstensz Peak - Yellow Valley - Lakes Valley - Illaga - Timika
Day 1 Arrival in Bali. Hotel accommodation.
Day 2 Obtaining necessary permits, preparations for the expedition. Flight to Timika.
Day 3 Flight to Illaga (Sugapa).
Day 4 Obtaining permits, preparations, meeting with porters. Start trekking.
Day 5-9 Trek to Carstenzs Base Camp (BC).
Day 10-11 Ascent of Carstenzs Pyramid. Return to Lakes Valley BC.
Day 12-15 Trek to Illaga (Sugapa).
Day 16 Flight to Timika.
Day 17 Flight to Bali.
Day 18 Flight home.
Day 19-20 Reserve days. Can be used to relax on Bali beaches.
The price includes:
- guide from 7 Summits Club;
- local guides and porters;
- hotel accommodation (double rooms);
- meals: Full Board from Sugapa (Ilaga);
- all necessary permits;
- cook and kitchen boy;
- transportation of your personal equipment (weight allowance: 20 kg);
- environmental tax;
- camping equipment for BC, including tables and chairs;
- all group transfers;
- return flight Timika-Illaga (Sugapa);
The price does not include:
- international flights;
- Indonesian visa;
- medical insurance;
- personal equipment;
- expenses caused by your premature leaving of the expedition, whatever the reasons;
- expenses caused by flight delays and cancellations.