This ski trip - a classic ski tour. The rise on the same route - down the other, with profitable weather conditions and the state of the route. You can see Elbrus on both sides and get twice as many impressions from the trip. In addition, this route allows you to take advantage of, and the south and north. Ascent to Elbrus from the south makes climbing less severe, and the descent to the north impresses with its wild beauty and remoteness from civilization.
Program of 10-day ski tour
Day 1 Arrival to Mineralnye Vody airport. 4-hour bus transfer to Terskol village in the Baksan valley (about 2000 m above the sea). Accommodation in hotel for two nights.
Day 2 Skiing on Mt. Kogutay (3850 m), climbing by ski is desirable for training. Shopping in the local "Woolens market". Night in the hotel.
Day 3 10-min bus transfer up to the Azau glade (2380 m) and then lifting up to Gara-bashi station (3720 m) at upper end of the Elbrus aerial cable-way (two spans – cabin lift, 3rd, upper span – chair lift). Accommodation in "Barrels" hotel at the station or in other mountain huts in the vicinity of former Priyut of the 11 ("Shelter of the Eleven", 4020 m) destroyed by fire in 1998. A ski touring up to altitudes of 4200-4300 m.
Day 4 Climbing by ski up to Pastukhov rocks (4650 m, about 3 hrs) and possibly higher, up to 5000 m, and then downhill back.
Day 5 Rest day.
Day 6 Summit day. Ascent of Elbrus West (5642 m) or Elbrus East (5621 m). Leaving for the ascent at 2-3 A.M. Descent to the North side, To the base Camp Emmanuel (2570 m). Night in the BC.
Day 7 Reserve day for bad weather.
Day 8 Down to Pyatigorsk. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 9 Transfer to the Mineralniye Vopdy airport, flight home.
The price includes:
- lodging in valley hotels according to the program South side;
- lodging in the "Barrels" hotel or in huts according to the program;
- full board during stay in the Elbrus region;
- all transfers in the Elbus region according to the program;
- 1 CET Neva mountain guide;
- Cook in the refuges (for the group more than 4 part.);
- Elbrus cable lifts (1 ascent);
- necessary permits and registration;
- administrative fees in Kabardino-Balkaria.
The price does not include:
- internal regular flights to Min. Vody airport and back;
- luggage air transportation;
- unexpected premature evacuation;
- cost of visa;
- personal expenses;
- extra pay due to change of the appointed departure time.