It is a journey to become a real adventure! A distinctive feature of it is that under favorable weather conditions and good luck on the route - you can see Elbrus on both sides and get twice as many impressions from the trip. In addition, this route allows you to take advantage of, and the south and the north. Ascent to Elbrus from the south makes climbing less severe, and the descent to the north impresses with its wild beauty and remoteness from civilization.
Program of 10-day tour
Day 1 Arrival to Mineralnye Vody airport. 4-hour bus transfer to Terskol village in the Baksan valley (about 2000 m above the sea). Accommodation in hotel for two nights.
Day 2 Acclimatization ascent on Observatory of Elbrus (3000 m) and continue up to an altitude above 3400-3500 m—Glacial Base. Excursion party to the local bazaar (souvenirs and handmade woolen things). Night in the hotel.
Day 3 Checking out of the hotel. 4-km transfer up to "Azau" (2250 m)—the lowest station of the Elbrus cable-way. Lifting by the cable-way up to the highest point—"Gara-Bashi" station (3750 m), which includes 2 lower cabin spans, and the upper part—chair-lift. The latter one does not operate sometimes depending on the weather conditions. Accommodation in the "Bochki" ("Barrels") high mountain hotel or in some other huts hereabouts. 1.5-hour acclimatization walk up to another hotel—"Priut odinnadtsati" ("Shelter of the 11", 4050 m), return down to "Barrels".
Day 4 Acclimatization ascent up to Pastukhov's Rocks (4700-4800 m) or higher. Return down to "Barrels" (3-4 hours up and 1-1.5 hour down).
Day 5 Rest day. Possibility to send part of equipment down.
Day 6 Summit day. Ascent of Elbrus West (5642 m) or Elbrus East (5621 m). Leaving for the ascent at 2-3 A.M. Descent to the North side, night in the Camp 1 (3750 m).
Day 7 Reserve day for bad weather.
Day 8 Descent to the base Emmanuel Camp (2570 m).
Day 9 Down to Pyatigorsk. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 10 Transfer to the Mineralniye Vopdy airport, flight home.
The price includes:
- lodging in valley hotels according to the program;
- lodging in the "Barrels" hotel or in huts/tents according to the program;
- full board during stay in the Elbrus region;
- 1 night in Pyatigorsk B/B;
- all transfers in the Elbus region according to the program;
- 1 CET Neva mountain guide;
- cook in the refuges (for the group more than 4 parts);
- Elbrus cable lifts;
- necessary permits and registration;
- administrative fees in Kabardino-Balkaria.
The price does not include:
- internal regular flights to Min. Vody airport and back;
- luggage air transportation;
- unexpected premature evacuation;
- cost of visa;
- personal expenses;
- extra pay due to change of the appointed departure time.