Mount Kazbek is one of the highest and the most beautiful peaks of the Caucasus. The Kazbek Region is located at the eastern end of Central Caucasus and is an almost independent mountain system. The region is made up of several prominent mountain ridges, which spread out like the fingers of a hand northwards into the Dagestan Highlands and only in one place, at the watershed of the two big rivers of Ardon and Terek, link up with the Main Ridge of the Caucasus.
Here, between the upper stretches of these rivers, rise numerous important 4000ers. Close to the prominent 4780m Jimarai-Khokh, rises the dominating volcanic cone of Kazbek, at 5033m the highest peak in the region. The mountain was first climbed in 1868 by a partly led by Douglas Freshfield. The summit provides fantastic views of the Caucasian peaks stretching westwards to Elbrus for 200 km.
Program of 8–days tour, Spring 2020:
Day 1 Meeting at airport Tbilisi. Transfer to Gudauri or Pasanauri.
Night in a guest house.
Day 2 Ski-tour trip on Mount Bidara (3100m) and Kobi Pass or Cross Pass (3000 m). We return to guest house.
Day 3 Transfer to Stepantsminda (Kazbegi). We start the ascent towards Bethlemi Hut (3670m) via Gergeti glacier (7-8 hours). Stay at the hut.
Day 4 Acclimatization day up to 4300 m. Ski down to Bethlemi Hut.
Day 5 Summit day. We start early in the morning and ski down to the hut. Overnight at the hut.
Day 6 Reserve day in case of bad weather in the previous day.
Day 7 Return to Stephantsminda. Transfer to Gudauri or Pasanauri. Night there.
Day 8 Back to Tbilisi. Return flight.
Price per person for guided groups:
number of participants 5-6
995 EUR€ per person
The cost includes:
- All transfers according to itinerary;
- guest house in Gudauri/Pasanauri, shared double or triple rooms, meals included;
- hut or double tents at the High Camp (3680 m), meals included;
- English-speaking mountain guide;
- Group equipment: tents, ropes, radios;
The cost does not includes:
- Flight tickets to Tbilisi;
- Mountaineering insurance (you can order it by us for EUR 6 per day with coverage of EUR 30.000);
- Porter services for carrying personal equipment;
- Hotels and Taxi in Tbilisi