Chon-Ton or Peak Lenin (7134 m) is the highest peak of the Zaalai Ridge on the North border of the Pamir. It is covered by snow and glaciers on which some easy ways lead to the top. It is a very popular mountain region due to ease of access to the Base Camp and to the summit. The Base Camp (3800 m) is situated on a green meadow with much of onion among the simple grass. This is why it is often called "Onion Meadow". There are wonderful views of the mountains from this place. In order to get here one has to fly by helicopter or to travel by bus from the city of Osh at the South-Eastern corner of the Fergana valley.
Fixed dates for 2020:
01.07 - 21.07.2020
21.07 - 10.08.2020
02.08 - 22.08.2020
10.08 - 31.08.2020
Program of expedition for guided groups 2020:
Day 1 Arrival to the Manas International Aiport in Bishkek, capital of Kirghizia. After a delay in the airport – flight to the city of Osh. Arrival to Osh, transfer to hotel. Or directly arrival to Osh. Night in the hotel.
Day 2 Transfer (280 km, about 8 hours) from Osh to Achik-Tash Base Camp. Arrival to the Base Camp (BC, 3600 m). Accommodation in two person tents. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Day 3 The first phase of altitude adaptation in the BC vicinity.
Day 4 The second phase of the adaptation: climb to Camp 1 (C1, 4200 m).
Day 5 Ascent to Yukhin Peak (5100 m). Night in tents in the summit.
Day 6 Return to Camp 1.
Day 7 Rest day in the Camp 1.
Day 8 To Camp 2 (5200 m).
Day 9 To Camp 3 (6100 m) and return to Camp 2.
Day 10 Climb up to Camp 3 (6100 m).
Day 11 Descent to C1 and return to BC.
Day 12 Rest day in C1.
Day 13 Beginning of the summit attempt. To Camp 1.
Day 14 To Camp 2.
Day 15 To Camp 3.
Day 16 Summit day: up to the summit (7134 m) and back to the Camp 3.
Day 17 Reserve day.
Day 18 Return to BC.
Day 19 Transfer to Osh by bus. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 20 Flight directly from Osh to home or to Bishkek. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 21 Flight to home from Bishkek.
Cost of the guided expedition is
1995 EUR€ per person
The cost includes:
- all necessary administrative fees and taxes in Kirghizia (including registration, climbing permit, environmental protection, letter of invitation for the Kirghiz visa if it’s necessary, etc.);
- meeting/seeing off at the Osh airport;
- altitude equipment (up to the Camp 1) - tents, gas, gas stoves, cooking set;
- high altitude food;
- accommodation in Osh (2 nights) (in a double-room hotel with breakfast);
- all surface transfers necessary for normal realization of the tour (in Osh, bus or truck to the Base Camp and back);
- full board accommodation in BC and Camp 1 (tents for two persons and three meals a day, unlimited number of days inside the 21 days program);
- all necessary equipment of the BC and Camp 1: two-person tents with plastic mats for climbers habitation, mess tent with table and chairs, gas-stove kitchen with its kitchen equipment, electric generator 220V, 50HZ, sauna or shower (in the BC only), guide-consultant’s services, cook in BC and Camp 1;
- High altitude mountain guide
ratio 3-4 persons – 1 guide;
- first medical aid;
- ecological fee per expedition member;
- registration in rescue team.
The cost does not includes:
- luggage transportation on the flights (more than 15 kg – 0.60 Euros per kg);
- meals in cities: Bishkek and Osh –full board 30 Eur per day;
- accommodation in Bishkek (35 Eur per person per night in DBL);
- flights Bishkek-Osh-Bishkek (130 Eur aprox);
- rent of personal mountaineering equipment;
- cost of visa;
- all changes during the program (transfers, more days in base camp or in Osh/Bishkek);
- drinks and personal expenses;
- unexpected premature evacuation;