The Khibiny mountains are almost unknown to western tourists. This is a mountain country above the Polar Circle, in the very heart of the Kola peninsula, with the highest point being Mt. Udychvumchorr (1200 m). Traces of the Ice Age, such as huge circuses, canyons and granite outcrops, produce an unforgettable mountainous sight. Not far from the town of Kirovsk, a resort for downhill skiing, there are several powerful apatite mines. During the "moon rush" in 60th elevated plateau nearby the town were used for testing "Lunokhod", soviet moon research vehicle. Kirovsk inhabitants boast with their Botanic garden, the most northern one in the world.
The best period for ski touring is February till late April. The day temperatures rise up to 10C, though the night one may drop as low as -25°C. After March 21 the length of the day surpasses 12 hrs.
The route goes across open mountainous countryside at altitudes of 200 to 1000 m. Night bivouacs are organized in huts or heated tent refuges in a forest zone. Experienced guides accompany you in the travel and make all necessary to discover the wild beauty of the polar nature for you.
The tour provides a couple of days to see St. Petersburg, one of the most beautiful cities of the world.
SKI JOINT GRPs spring 2020
(Prices are different, could be base on 4 pax groups min)
PENINSULA DE KOLA – 14.03.2020 FROM 995 EUR
Program of the 10-day ski tour
Day 1 Arrival at St. Petersburg. Accommodation in a hotel.
Day 2 Boarding of the train from St. Petersburg to Apatity in a bed-van. Overnight in train.
Day 3 Arrival at Apatity and transfer to Kirovsk. Move to Kuelpor, "Ramzay-Sever" hut. Skitour at the Khibiny Mountains (snow scooters for luggage). Night in hut.
Days 4-7 Kola ski tour program. South Rischor 1185 m, pass Norht Chorgorr 1080 m, Putellichorr 1165 m, Chasnochor 1191 m, Marchenko 1020 m, Kaskasniunchorr 1180 m, pass Petrelius.
Day 8 Return to Kirovsk by ski (snow scooters for luggage from Kuelpor hut to Kirovsk). Bus transfer to Murmansk. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 9 Morning flight from Murmansk to St. Petersburg. Transfer to hotel. Sightseeing in St. Petersburg. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 10 Transfer to the airport, flight home.
The price includes:
- lodging in the "Ramzay-Sever" hut according to the program;
- all transfers in the Kola region according to the program;
- snow scooters Kirovsk - Kuelpor hut and back to Kirovsk (ONLY for luggage transportation);
- full board during stay in the Kola region;
- 1 CET NEVA mountain guide;
- necessary permits and registration;
- administrative fees in Kola region.
The price does not include:
- cost of visa;
- international flight to & from St. Petersburg;
- hotel accommodation and transfers in St. Petersburg;
- accommodation in Murmansk hotels (DBL with breakfast/diner);
- train St. Petersburg - Apatity (from 95 EUR/pax);
- flight Murmansk - St. Petersburg (from 130 EUR/pax);
- sauna (50 EUR per grp, 2 hrs);
- snow scooters for participants (75 EUR, 1 scooter for 3 pax);
- an insurance;
- unexpected preliminary evacuation cost;
- personal expenses, alcohol.