One of the 50 highest peaks on earth, Mustagh-Ata (7546 m) occupies an isolated location on the western edge of China's Xinjiang Province. Bill Tilman and Eric Shipton failed in an attempt to climb the peak in 1947, and it was not until 1956 that it received its first ascent. CET NEVA expeditions have climbed Mustagh Ata in 2001 and in 2003-07 and we will, once again next year. With the standard route following the gently-angled south-west slopes, the mountain presents no great technical problems and success will depend on good weather conditions, our well-proven program of acclimatization and the strong team of experienced KE guides. Not just a mountaineering expedition, but also an epic journey into Central Asia, including a visit to Kashgar at the foot of the Pamir Mountains, one of the westernmost points of China. Kashgar was a key trading point on the Silk Route. This is the perfect trip for those with previous experience of “trekking peak” climbs who want to test themselves at greater altitude.
Muztagata literally means "Father of Ice Mountains", a name that fits it well.
PERIOD OF THE PROGRAM 2019:
02.07 – 26.07.2019
Day 1 Arrival in Bishkek. Drive from Bishkek to Naryn, 7-8 hours; overnight in yurts or guest house.
Day 2 Drive to the Torugart Pass, 5-6 hours; crossing the Kirghizstan-China border; drive to Kashgar, 3-4 hours; night in a hotel (3 stars).
Day 3 Drive to Karakul Lake (3900 m) along the Karakoram Highway (200 km, 4-5 hours) and then 10 km to Subashi. Overnight in the tents.
Day 4 Walk with pack-camels to the Muztagh-Ata Base Camp (4450 m), 3-4 hours.
Day 5 Walking, preliminary acclimatization round the Base Camp.
Day 6 To Camp 1 (5200 m).
Day 7 Return to Base Camp.
Day 8 Rest in Base Camp.
Day 9 To Camp 1.
Day 10 To Camp 2 (6200 m).
Day 11 Return to Base Camp.
Days 12, 13 Rest in Base Camp.
Day 14 To Camp 1.
Day 15 To Camp 2.
Day 16 To Camp 3 (6800 m).
Day 17 Summit day. Ascent of Muztagh-Ata (7456 m) along the Normal Route from the West. Return to Camp 3.
Day 18 Descend to Base Camp.
Days 19, 20 Several days are set aside in case of bad weather for. And also can be used in case of failure for the second attempt ascent on the summit.
Day 21 Walk with pack-camels to Subashi; drive to Kashgar; accommodation in the hotel.
Day 22 Day in Kashgar, excursions, shopping. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 23 Drive to Torugart Pass, crossing the border, drive to Naryn. Night in yurts.
Day 24 Drive to Bishkek, night in the «Guest House».
Day 25 Transfer to airport. Flight home.
Price for expedition is
2785 EUR€ per person (Bishkek-Bishkek)
2565 EUR€ per person (Kashgar-Kashgar)
(JOINT group 10 persons and more)
NOTE: The program will be available only if the group will be 10 people minimum, we will inform every customer about how many people will be in a group. If one of the group will be not completed we can change dates or cost of expedition, we will inform you about any changes!
Services and expenses included in the cost:
- Permit Fee;
- Complete cost of Liaison Officer;
- Entrance, Govt. taxes & insurance of local staff;
- Wages, food & Equipment of local staff during expedition;
- Transportation: Bishkek - Naryn - Torugart - Kashgar - Subashi and back;
- Hotel accommodation based on sharing twin room with full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner);
- Food during trek & at the base camp based on full board;
- Porters and Camels from Subashi to Base camp & return to Subashi;
- Guide services to assist the expedition in BC (not personal high altitude guide);
- Complete kitchen equipment in BC, incl. kitchen tent, mess tent, tables, stools, mess kit, gas stoves and a cooking set ETC;
- Sleeping tents in base camp (one tent shared by two people);
- Official visa invitation if required;
- One day sightseeing in Kashgar;
- Overheads expenses of CET NEVA.
The price does not include:
- Cost of international and domestic flight to Bishkek and back;
- food and services above BC;
- rent of personal mountaineering equipment, personal expenses;
- cost of unexpected premature evacuation;
- cost of Kyrgyz and Chinese visas;
- all changes during the program (transfers, more days in base camp or in Kashgar/Bishkek);
- SGL supplement;
- personal high altitude mountain guide).